75 Good Congratulations Grandma Messages
Here are some good “congratulations grandma” messages to send to a new grandmother to show her you care and share in her joy.
1. Many congratulations on the birth of your [grandson/granddaughter]. You have always been so caring and supportive, and these qualities will shine through in your new important role as a grandma. Your support will be immensely helpful as the parents adjust and realize that parenthood can be challenging. Your parenting knowledge will be incredibly valuable when they feel overwhelmed. They are so lucky to have you!
2. What a special treat the stork brought for your family! You must be so excited to enter a new chapter in your life where the parents get to do the disciplining, and you do the spoiling. What fun you will have. I wish you all the happiness in the world with your new grandchild.
3. Birth is a beautiful thing. On the delivery of your grandchild, a family is born, a mother is born, and a grandmother is born – three generations of love. You have so much to offer and so much to give. You are going to be a great help to them, and I know they will need you! You will be the best grandmother ever. Enjoy every minute.
4. Did you know that a grandmother is also known as the tastiest baker, the most amusing entertainer, the best person to kiss and make it all better, and the warmest hugger? You will also be a safe person, always to be there to listen and give advice. Many congratulations on all your new and wonderful roles in your promotion to grandma!
5. Congratulations on the birth of your new grandbaby. Every moment will be a bonding experience between you and your grandchild. Time always passes faster than we think it will. I hope you get the chance to take lots of pictures and videos to capture each precious second as time flies by. All the best.
6. Congratulations on the birth of your [grandson/granddaughter]. I hope you enjoy those unforgettable first moments as you hold your new grandbaby in your arms and see [him/her] look up at you. I hope [his/her] first words and steps imprint themselves on your heart. Enjoy every second you can as [he/she] grows and develops. I wish you all the happiness a heart can hold at this incredibly joyous time in your life. I am sending lots of love.
7. We were so excited to hear that you have become a grandmother! Such wonderful and joyous news. I am sure you will find many ways to connect with your grandchild, even with the miles between you. Thankfully, we have the technology to do Facetime and video calls. I can’t wait to see pictures of your new grandbaby. Congratulations, grandma!
8. Now that your new grandchild has arrived, many things will change. Everyone will be adapting to their new roles, which can take time…and a whole lot of patience. I am glad the parents have you in their lives. It is always nice to know that someone is willing to help or that someone knows what it’s like to feel like you haven’t slept in a year and then were run over by a truck. Heartfelt warm wishes to you on becoming a grandmother. It is going to be exciting!
9. How exciting that you have become a grandma! Remember how pressed for time you felt when you became a mom? You have just become critical to your [daughter/daughter-in-law] being able to get some decent sleep and keep her sanity. The respect both parents have for you will grow as they start their challenging and rewarding journey into parenthood and realize how much you know about parenting and how much they really really need you! You will be the most special grandma, treasured forever. I hope you cherish every moment.
10. You are now a grandmother! You must be so excited about the new little person in your life. Let the laundry and dishes wait and spend as much time with them as you possibly can, even if it is just hanging around the house together. You’re not going to want to miss a single adorable “ah-ah” or “ooh-ooh” from that precious baby! Congratulations.
11. I was so pleased to hear your life-changing news. Congratulations, grandma! I know your relationship with your [grandson/granddaughter], [daughter/daughter-in-law], and [son-in-law/son] will thrive as you provide the support the parents will so desperately need. What a beautiful part of life to be able to spend time with a [grandson/granddaughter]. I am so happy for you.
12. Wow, you hit the baby jackpot and became a grandma! Grandparenthood changes the way we look at life. There are so many “firsts” that practically everything our grandbabies do is a celebration. So put your party hat on and savor every second. Congratulations!
13. Love, patience, time, and smiles. These are things that grandmas are made of. You are going to have so much fun! All the best and congratulations, grandma.
14. More often than not, when a new baby comes along, we are preoccupied with all the things we need to buy for them. But as a grandmother, your time is more precious than anything that money could buy. Isn’t it fantastic that, unlike parenthood, you have the luxury of giving them your undivided attention? Congratulations on the lifetime of cuddles and smiles coming your way!
15. Congratulations, grandma! To me, being a grandma means spending as much time as possible with that precious new grandchild. But it also means sharing heartfelt moments with your [daughter/daughter-in-law] and [son/son-in-law] as they develop into parents with a child now at the center of their worlds. With raising children, some things never change, and you have so much to give. You are going to be an irreplaceable encouragement to them, helping them grow and change as you share what has worked well for you. I know you will be invaluable to your new baby [grandson/granddaughter] and your whole family. Home is where the heart is, and that is with you, grandma. Congratulations.
16. As you start on your new adventure into grandparenthood, I wish you all the self-control in the world when you see the parents doing stupid things. Isn’t it hard to know so much? Well, seriously, it may take your [daughter/daughter-in-law and son-in-law/son] some time to settle into their new roles as parents, so patience is going to be a virtue. At the end of the day, if the kiddo is healthy, all that matters is that you are there to love your grandbaby and offer your support to the parents. Congratulations on becoming a grandma. Enjoy that amazing smell of a new baby.
17. Many congratulations on the safe arrival of your [grandson/granddaughter]. Every second is more exciting than the last, and I hope that you can enjoy each moment as it quickly passes. Your [daughter/daughter-in-law and son-in-law/son] now need you more than ever so they can have time to connect and keep their marriage healthy. You are always an incredible mother, and now you can add grandma to the list. I am excited for you!
18. It isn’t easy to describe the magic a new child brings to our lives. You are now a grandma – a momentous occasion! Tiny clothes, chubby cheeks, the way a new baby snuggles into your chest when you hold them – just some of the incredible things you can look forward to. We wish you all the best in this new chapter of your life.
19. Huge congratulations on becoming a grandmother. Grandmothers have a special bond with their grandchildren, sharing family stories from the past, spending time being consciously present, and providing a nurturing foundation for the future. You will forever be grateful for the time you get to babysit them, and so will the parents so they can run errands or keep that spark alive in their marriage! Wishing you every happiness.
20. Congratulations on the joyous new addition to your family! I realize that now that you’re a grandma, your most precious asset is your time, even more so than before. Between babysitting your new grandbaby and helping the parents maintain their sanity, I hope you can squeeze me into your schedule for a phone call or lunch. You are going to be a superhero grandma. Have the time of your life!
21. What an amazing gift you have been given with the birth of your grandchild. This is an irreplaceable time in your life to be able to connect with your brand-new arrival and your [daughter/daughter-in-law and son-in-law/son], lending support, sharing family stories and tips, and being admired for the strong and wise parent that you are. I hope you truly enjoy this time as your family grows both bigger and closer. Congratulations on becoming a grandmother.
22. Is there anything more exciting than welcoming a new [member/baby] into the family? Everything is about to change, filling your life with rewarding experiences. Cherish every second. Congratulations on becoming a grandmother.
23. Women like you are the rarest flower in bloom. You are selfless and devoted to your family, and now you are about to become a grandmother. I can’t think of a more loving person to become a grandmother than you. Sending congratulations on the safe arrival of your grandchild.
24. Congratulations on becoming a grandma. You will have lots of cuddles, hugs, and more love than can be put into words. There is no more extraordinary gift for a child than someone who loves them unconditionally. How lucky your grandchild is!
25. Becoming a grandmother is an impressive milestone. Now is your time to laugh with them, play silly games, and enjoy each unique experience as it comes. As they get older, you will become a role model and a safe, loving person who is always on their side. Lucky that you can leave the parenting to mom and dad! Congratulations.
26. Your baby has flown the nest and is all grown up. All your hard work as a parent has shaped your [son/daughter] into the [father/mother] [he/she] will become, as now it is [his/her] turn to be a parent. The lessons you taught [him/her] will be the lessons that [he/she] passes on to your grandchild. Congratulations on becoming a grandma. This is an exciting time in your life!
27. Wishing you all the best on your new journey into grandparenthood. This incredible experience will be full of joy, and I hope you get the chance to make every moment count. I have seen some lovely ways to compile memories and keepsakes of the things you think are important. Maybe something like this would help you share the memories with your grandchild when [he/she] is older. Congratulations on this exciting milestone!
28. Congratulations on your new grandbaby! A grandma’s love is such a beautiful thing, and the bond between a grandmother and a [grandson/granddaughter] is closer than any other. A grandma celebrates every achievement and overlooks any mistake. A grandma has the time to listen intently and gives the best hugs. Enjoy forging a priceless bond between the two of you. You will be the most incredible grandma.
29. Soon, the days will fly by, and your new grandchild will grow and change rapidly. Before you know it, everything will change again. I hope you take a ton of pictures to look at with your grandchild when [he/she] is older. Wishing you all the best, and congratulations on becoming a grandma.
30. A grandma is an exceptional person in a child’s life, with every visit becoming a sacred memory. I am sure that you will both smile a lot and laugh even more. They will use their magnificent imagination to tell you amazing stories and invent all kinds of new games to play. Welcome to babyland and congratulations on being a grandma!
31. Congratulations on your new grandchild. While their parents may do things a little differently from you, know that you are an essential person in this child’s life. Your highest calling as a grandma is to be patient, kind, and love your new little one like there is no tomorrow. You’ve got this, grandma!
32. I was thrilled to learn that you are now a grandma. A child brings with them happiness, joy, and unconditional love. [In my experience/I’ve read that] it is priceless if you can share something you love with them like a favorite book or song, or a handmade blanket, something special that can only come from their grandma. Congratulations, and wishing you the best on this fantastic journey of grandparenthood.
33. There are so many amazing things that will happen in the coming months like a first smile or word, and their first steps. I can’t explain the pure feeling of joy that embraces you when your grandchild looks at you and smiles for the first time. Congratulations on becoming a grandmother and enjoy all the “firsts.”
34. Just a little note to express my sincerest congratulations on becoming a grandma! Enjoy every moment of your precious new family member. It won’t all be perfect, but there will be plenty of unforgettable times waiting for you. And you are going to be just the angel they need! I am so happy for you, [name].
35. Being a new grandmother is just like being a new mother, except with less responsibility and a lot more fun. Have you been thinking about what kind of grandma you will be? Reading books and articles, or talking to others? Don’t worry. You will be the most amazing grandma your grandchild could have ever imagined. Because you are YOU. Congratulations!
36. You have always been such a kind and patient listener. Now that you are a grandma, your [daughter/daughter-in-law] is very lucky to have a confidant in you to listen to her and pick her up when she feels low. You will be the most amazing grandma, just like you have been an amazing [mother/mother-in-law]. Congratulations for a lifetime of love coming your way.
37. Our sincerest congratulations on the birth of your grandchild. You all must be walking on clouds now that this sweet little baby has come into your lives. While the parents are fumbling around trying to figure things out, your parenting tips are going to be just what the doctor ordered. After all, who knows better than a pro like you? Congratulations once again, and all the best.
38. A new baby is a momentous occasion, but not without its challenges, as you well know. How fortunate the parents are to have you there to smooth out the bumps in the road on their path to independent parenthood. Enjoy the coos and cuddles from your new bundle of joy!
39. Congratulations on the birth of your [grandson/granddaughter]. Welcoming a new little person into your family is such a momentous milestone. You have so much to offer the new parents, and I am confident that your patience and advice will be a gift to your [daughter/son] and [daughter-in-law/son-in-law]. They will need your encouragement as they navigate these new waters where they literally hold a life in their hands! I am so incredibly happy for you, grandma. Have fun.
40. Congratulations, new grandma. What wonderful news! Do you remember back to when you were first a mom and had no time for yourself? Your [daughter/daughter-in-law] is the luckiest in the world to have you to lean on for help. You are going to be the best babysitter around. Sending you all my love and warm wishes in this transformational time for your family.
41. While everyone’s focus is on the new baby, you might be thinking about the different ways you can support your [daughter/daughter-in-law] and [her husband/your son]. There will probably be times when she feels frazzled or down, and there is no one better than you to cook her one of your delicious meals, hug her, or bring her something thoughtful to remind her how much you care. How lucky she is to have you. Our heartfelt congratulations on becoming a new grandmother. May every moment be a memory maker.
42. Becoming a grandma is a life-changing experience, and the love you feel for the next generation is unlike any other. It is a truly unique and special bond. Enjoy sharing the journey with your grandchild. Congratulations!
43. Grandmas light up the lives of their grandchildren, and you will be the brightest shining star the world has seen yet! I know you will be treasured as a wonderful and special grandma. Congratulations.
44. [Name], you have so much to give and so much to share. Your advice is going to be invaluable to your [daughter/daughter-in-law and son-in-law/son]. Your gentle ways will help them grow in confidence as parents. Always a mother and now a grandma – how truly special this time of your life is. You will be the most adored grandma. Congratulations.
45. We heard of the safe and healthy arrival of your baby [grandson/granddaughter]. What a momentous occasion! You must be exploding with excitement. Every moment with a grandchild is a treasured gift, and I hope you enjoy grandparenthood. Congratulations.
46. A baby! What a joyous gift. The pressure that parents can feel before they have a baby can be so overwhelming, and now that the baby is here, new pressures begin! Your [daughter/daughter-in-law and son-in-law/son] are so lucky to have you for support. You are gracious, kind, and patient, and I am sure your grandchild will run to you for love and advice in the years to come. Congratulations, and welcome to grandparenthood.
47. We heard your news and want to offer our most heartfelt congratulations on the birth of your [grandson/granddaughter]. New life is so innocent and pure. I hope you soak up every moment and enjoy watching not only the growth of your grandchild, but the growth of your [son/daughter] as [he/she] gets used to being a [father/mother]. These are the best years of your life!
48. Congratulations on your promotion to grandparenthood! What joyous news this is. As a mother, I’m sure you remember how crazy and emotional those first few weeks are. I can think of no one better than you to offer support, kindness, and lots of hugs as you help the parents adapt to the greatest mission of their lives. I hope to hear all about it soon.
49. It takes a village to raise a child, and a grandma is such a critical part of that village. Your role is unlike any other, offering guidance, wisdom, and support. Enjoy meeting your new arrival and sharing many years of treasured moments with your grandchild.
50. When you raise your own children, life goes by quickly and time moves fast. Pressure surrounds you and your growing family. When a grandchild arrives, the time is endless. You are older and wiser. You can appreciate every moment, every first, and every milestone with unbridled enthusiasm and love. It is the most breathtaking adventure. Enjoy being fully present and living in each moment with your new grandchild. Congratulations on becoming a grandma.
Best Quotes for “Congratulations Grandma” Messages
“A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.”
“If nothing is going well, call your grandmother.”
“Grandmothers always have time to talk and make you feel special.”
“If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I’d have had them first.”
“When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.”
“The coach, the counselor, the cuddler, the friend, the caregiver, the reconciler or the dazzler of sweet temptations are all natural and becoming roles that this grandmother plays with the skill of a master symphony director.”
“A grandmother once said that children are the investments and grandchildren the dividends.”
“Grandparents, like heroes, are as necessary to a child’s growth as vitamins.”
“Parent-child relationships are complex. Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love.”
“Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.”
“As I learned from growing up, you don’t mess with your grandmother.”
“Young people need something stable to hang on to – a culture connection, a sense of their own past, a hope for their own future. Most of all, they need what grandparents can give them.”
“A child needs a grandparent, anybody’s grandparent, to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world.”
Charles and Ann Morse
“Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap.”
“To all of the grandmothers who make the world more gentle, more tolerant and more safe for our children. Never doubt your importance.”
“A grandma is warm hugs and sweet memories. She remembers all of your accomplishments and forgets all of your mistakes.”
“It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace.”
“Every parent knows that children look at their grandparents as sources of wisdom and security.”
“Having a grandmother is like having an army. This is a grandchild’s ultimate privilege: knowing that someone is on your side, always, whatever the details.”
“When it seems the world can’t understand, your grandmother’s there to hold your hand.”
“What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars’ worth of pleasure.”
“We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence, Grandmother was that person to me.”
“What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies.”
“Grandmothers are voices of the past and role models of the present. Grandmothers open the doors to the future.”
“Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day, and now the day was complete.”
More than 7.8 million children live in the same household as their grandparents. More than 2.7 million grandparents are responsible for supplying the children with their basic necessities. This shifting paradigm is illustrated below in the following grandparent statistics.
Here our most popular message posts that cover just about every occassion.
Sharing is caring 👌 don’t forget to share this post on Pinterest !