Valentines Day Quotes – Valentines Love Quotes Images For Lovers
Love quotes have always been one of the best ways to express feelings within limited words. Authors, poets, and playwrights have been trying to capture love in words for thousands of years. Their work speaks to the enduring power of love across the ages of human history. Check out this collection of Valentines Day Quotes about love from some of the world’s most famous romantics, from Shakespeare, who wrote 154 sonnets dealing with love, time, beauty and mortality.
Valentine’s Day is the one special day of the year that everyone is expressing their love, all on the same day, to the most precious people in their lives. When you buy the perfect card and add the perfect Valentines Day quotes or saying, it lets your special someone know just how much you care.
They’ll be impressed when you take the time not just to spend money buying those expensive flowers, candy, or jewelry, but actually using words to paint a picture of your undying devotion to them.
Below are some of the best Valentines Day quotes and Valentines Day sayings to choose from
Valentines Day Quotes Images
15 Famous Valentines Day Quotes
- Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.– Aristotle
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.– Lao Tzu
- My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep; the more I give to thee, The more I have, for both are infinite.– William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
- How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.– Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- Young love is a flame; very pretty, often very hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. The love of the older and disciplined heart is as coals, deep-burning, unquenchable.– Henry Ward Beecher
- Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age.– Anais Nin
- Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward in the same direction.– Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. But if you love and must need to have desires, let these be your desires; and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. know the pain of too much tenderness. be wounded by your own understanding of love; And to bleed willingly and joyfully.– Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet
Valentine’s Day Quotes
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.-Helen Keller
- Love does not dominate; it cultivates.– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.– Zora Neale Hurston
- Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love.– Leo Tolstoy
- Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away.– Dorothy Parker
- I have learned not to worry about love, but to honor its coming with all my heart.– Alice Walker
- Pablo Neruda, “Love Sonnet XVII” – I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way than this: where I do not exist nor you, so close that your hand on my chest is my hand, so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.
Valentines Day Quotes Images
Top 75 Valentines Day Quotes
- Love cures people – By both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it. – By Dr. Karl Menninger
- James A. Baldwin – Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. it is a battle, & love is a war; & love is a growing up.
- Joyce Carol Oates – Love doesn’t grow on trees like apples in Eden – it’s something you have to make. And you must use your imagination too.
- Love doesn’t sit there like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all of the time, made new. – By Ursula K. LeGuin
- Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving. – By Kahlil Gibran
- Eva Gabor – Love is a game that two can play and both win. –
- Emerson – Love is a perfume you cannot pour onto others without getting a few drops on yourself.
- William Shakespeare – Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs.Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end. – By Author Unknown
- Sweetheart, I’m holding you close in my arms and in my heart this Valentine’s Day and every day of the year.
- Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. – By Robert Frost
- Love is blind. That is why he always proceeds by touch. – French Proverb
- On this romantic day, I want you to know that you’re the love of my life today, tomorrow, and always.
Valentine’s Day Quotes
- Love is an ocean of emotions entirely surrounded by expenses. – By Thomas Robert Dewar
- Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never… never forget it. – By Curtis Judalet
- Love is being stupid together. – By Paul Valery
- The very first person you think about when you wake up that’s who your heart belongs to.
- Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. – By Alexander Smith
- Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. – By Aristotle
- Loving is not just looking at each other, it’s looking in the same direction. – By Antoine de Saint- By Exupery, Wind, Sand, and Stars, 1939
- A baby is born with a need to be loved – By and never outgrows it. – By Frank A. Clark
- kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. – By Ingrid Bergman
- The kiss is something you cannot give without taking and cannot take without giving. – By Anonymous
- A kiss is the shortest distance between two. – By Henny Youngman
- One man can be happy with any women as long as he does not love her. – By Oscar Wilde
- It’s not where Man lives, but where he loves. – By Latin Proverb
- Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all the things to make himself envied. – By Mark Twain
- Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire. – By Francois Duc de La Rochefoucauld
Happy Valentines Day Quotes
- Ah me! love can not be cured by herbs. – By Ovid
- All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. – By Leo Tolstoy
- An old man in love is like a flower in winter. – Portuguese Proverb
- The trouble is if you don’t risk anything, you risk even more. – By Erica Jong
- Therefore is winged Cupid painted blind. – By William Shakespeare
- When the future hinges on the next words that are said, don’t let logic interfere, believe your heart instead. – By Philip Robinson
- Are we not like two volumes of one book? – By Marceline Desbordes- By Valmore
- As soon go kindle fire with snow, as seek to quench the fire of love with words. – By William Shakespeare
- As we grow older together, As we continue to change with age, There is one thing that will never change. . . I will always keep falling in love with you. – By Karen Clodfelder
- At a touch of love, everyone becomes a poet. – By Plato
- Before I met my husband, I’d never fallen in love. I’d stepped in it a few times. – By Rita Rudner
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage. – By Lao Tzu
- Better let my heart be without words than my words without heart. – By John Bunyan
- Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all. – By St. Augustine
- Candle light, moon light, star light The brightest glow is from love light. – By Grey Livingston
- Come live in my heart and pay no rent. – By Samuel Lover
Funny Valentines Day Quotes
- Don’t be afraid of showing affection. Be warm and tender, thoughtful and affectionate. Men are more helped by sympathy than by service. Love is more than money, and a kind word will give more pleasure than a present. – By Sir John Lubbock
- Falling in love consists merely in uncorking the imagination and bottling the common sense. – By Helen Rowland
- Falling in love is so hard on the knees. – By Aerosmith
- Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be. – By Robert Browning
- love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides. – By David Viscott
- To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose, the next best. – By William M. Thackeray
- love another person is to see the face of God. – By Les Miserables
- Be loved is to receive a glimpse of heaven. – By Karen Sunde
- love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage. – By Lao Tzu
- Today is Valentine’s Day – By or, as men like to call it, Extortion Day! – By Jay Leno
- True love begins when nothing is looked for in return. – By Antoine De Saint-Exupery
- True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked. – By Erich Segal
- A true love is like a fine wine, the older the better. – By Fred Jacob
- True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. – By Francois de la Rochefoucauld
- True love is when you put someone on a pedestal, and they fall – but you are there to catch them. – By Anonymous
Valentines Day Quotes For Him
- True love never dies for it is lust that fades away. Love bonds for a lifetime but lust just pushes away. – By Alicia Barnhart
- True love stories never have endings. – By Richard Bach
- Valentine’s hearts beat more passionately than everyday hearts. – By Anonymous
- Valentine’s Day is when a lot of married men are reminded what a poor shot Cupid really is. – By Anonymous
- A Very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love. – By Stendhal
- A Love is like an hour glass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties. – By Jules Renard
- The Love is like dew that falls on both nettles and lilies. – By Swedish Proverb
- Love is a many splendor thing, and you are the definition of true splendor, my dearest love.
- Love is like the measles; we all have to go through it. – By Jerome K. Jerome
- It is love, which is metaphysical gravity. – By R. Buckminster Fuller
- To love someone is nothing, to be loved by someone is something, but to be loved by the one you love is everything.
- The Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart. – By Kay Knudsen
- Feeling Love is my religion – I could die for it. – By John Keats
- To Love is not finding someone to live with; it’s finding someone you can’t live without. – By Rafael Ortiz
- Love is not singular except in syllable. – By Marvin Taylor
Valentines Day Quotes Images
Check Latest Updates On:
I Love You Wishes
Sharing is caring 💕 don’t forget to share this post on Pinterest !