Top 15 Christmas Cracker jokes 2021
TV channel Gold has released the results of its annual competition to find the best new topical Christmas cracker jokes.
This year’s top 15 are:
1. What does Donald Trump do after he pulls a cracker? Pays her off
2. Why is Theresa May encouraging board games at Christmas? Because she’s trying to bring back Chequers
3. Why has Debenhams been forced to cancel its Christmas nativity play? No prophet
4. What does Philip Green buy former employees for Christmas? Their silence
5. When do sheep practice their new dance? While shepherds watched them floss by night
6. What’s the difference between the Love Island villa and the stable where Jesus was born? The stable has had some wise men in it
7. Why does Kim Kardashian hate Christmas so much? She’s always the butt of the Christmas cracker jokes
8. What is Meghan buying Harry, William and Charles for Christmas? Suits
9. Why was everyone hungover after Roxanne Pallett’s Christmas Party? She misjudged the strength of the punch
10. Why did Donald Trump invite Kanye West round to help with his Christmas presents? Because Kanye is Trump’s favourite wrapper
11. What’s the biggest complaint about Network Rail’s Christmas seasoning? They keep changing the thyme
12. Why has Boris Johnson bought mistletoe this year? Because he’s tired of being in the single market
13. What’s the only thing that goes on longer than Christmas? Harry and Meghan’s wedding preacher
14. What did Banksy serve with his Christmas turkey? Shred sauce
15. Who won the North Pole Love Island? Dani Deer
This is the sixth year of the competition. The jokes were submitted by the public via Twitter, with a panel of 2000 people then picking the best. The top gag was written by Michael Hughes, who wins £1,500 towards a holiday, as well as a box of bespoke Gold Christmas crackers.
Bruce Dessau, who chaired the judging panel, says: “One thing that can be relied upon in increasingly unpredictable times is that whatever is going on in the world the great British public will always retain their sense of humour. From subjects ranging from Brexit and Meghan Markle to flossing and Love Island, there are jokes here to tickle the funny bones of any Yuletide grinch. And the joke that was chosen as number one shows it’s definitely a case of Top Trumps for Christmas this year.”
Gerald Casey, Gold channel director, comments: “The festive period is a time for reflecting on the year that’s gone by and, despite the madness of 2021, it’s fantastic to see that as a country, we can still find laughter in the madness.”
Gold is broadcasting classic Christmas specials every day up until the 25th.
Sharing is caring 👌 don’t forget to share this post on Pinterest !