78 Heartfelt Death Anniversary Quotes and Remembrance Messages
An anniversary of the death of a loved one is always difficult. It can lead to old wounds and rekindle memories that we haven’t thought about for a long time.
The pain will never go completely and is often at it’s rawest andDays like anniversaries are the most vivid. But whilst for some it’s a day that brings back unwanted grief, for others it’s a chance to celebrate someone’s passing.
Read More: death anniversary quotes
If appropriate, you might also wish to send your condolences to the family and friends on the anniversary of a loved one’s death. Reaching out with a message or card can show they’re in your thoughts and you’re there for them.
If you aren’t sure what to write as a death anniversary message for a card or what to say to someone on the anniversary of a loved ones passing then try some of the examples below.
Find the best quotes andSayings that express sympathy or great wording ideas for remembering andRemembering the anniversary of your loss of someone special in your life.
Table of ContentsQuotes for One Year MessagesSayings for Friends Mother Father Brother Sister Death of a Child
Death Anniversary Quotes
See also: 50+ Heartfelt Missing Mom Quotes About Losing A Mother
These quotes provide a heartfelt andA perceptive view of the effects that death has andPeople feel the impact of losing someone they love. They are perfectly suited for a death anniversary card or to be shared on Facebook to show you’re thinking of someone remembering a lost one.
- “Death is never an end, but a To Be Continued…” – Renée Chae
- “They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies” – William Penn
- “The life of the dead is placed in the heart of the living” – Cicero
- “To live in the hearts of those we love is never to die” – Hazel Gaynor
- “Although it’s difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow” – Unknown
- “Good men must die, but death cannot kill their names” – Proverb
- “While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil” – John Taylor
- “Life is eternal, andLove is eternal andDeath is only the beginning of the future and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sigh” – Rossiter Worthington Raymond
- “Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity” – Terri Guillemets
- “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard” – A.A. Milne
- “To live in the hearts of those we love is never to die” – Thomas Campbell
- “Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day. Unseen, unheard, but always near; still loved, still missed and very dear” – Anonymous
- “In your life you touched so many, in your death many lives were changed” – Melinda Jones
- “Loss can remind us that life itself is a gift” – Louise Hay and David Kessler
- “What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes part of us” – Helen Keller
- “Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy” – Unknown
- “The pain passes, but the beauty remains” – Pierre Auguste Renoir
- “Love grows more tremendously full, swift, poignant, as the years multiply” – Zane Grey
- “It’s not always the tears that measure the pain. Sometimes it’s the smile we fake.” – Unknown
- “When a great man dies, for years the light he leaves behind him, lies on the paths of men” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
One year Death Anniversary Quotes
The first anniversary of a loss is often the most difficult. While time can be a powerful healer and a year can still feel very recent, those feelings of grieving are usually the hardest. andStill, despair will linger. These quotes andThese sayings can be used to help grieving friends or family members cope with the first year anniversary of the death of a loved one.
- It has been a year andI miss you more than words can express. Rest in peace
- Even after a year, your loss is still very painful. You will be remembered forever
- Each day we miss you more andContinue reading. Rest in peace
- A year doesn’t seem like such a long time but without you here it has felt like eternity. Not a day goes by we don’t long to have you back
- Even after one year, my heart still aches for yours. You were the light in my life. andI will always remember our time together
- You will always have a special place in my heart and, a year, two or even eternity won’t see your memory fade. I love you my darling
- Those special memories we made help you to live on even though you’re gone. I will be using today, the 1st year anniversary of your death, to remind myself what a wonderful person you were.
- The pace of time is so slow and even after a whole year I don’t think I’ve fully accepted you’re gone
- It will never leave me without you. After a year I’m still lost without you
- “I remember the first day without you… I’ve never been the same” – Jennifer Ross
- 1 year ago today, heaven got a new angel andI lost my soulmate. My love will never forget you
- A year of grieving and pain yet you’re still all I can think about. Rest in peace
- Since you left I’ve felt nothing but sorrow. I miss you so much. andTell you how much you are missed
- On the 1 year anniversary of your passing, I will raise one glass in honor of a true inspiration
- We mark a year of your passing with the same feelings as every other day – sadness that you’re gone andWe wish we could say goodbye to you.
Death Anniversary Messages
These messages are great to use to express your condolences or support someone who has lost a loved one. They will be grateful that you took the time to think about them during an emotional difficult day.
- My warmest wishes for you andOn this anniversary, hugs
- I wish you strength and courage on this difficult day. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you need anything
- May your love be unconditional andSupport your friends andYour family can support you in today’s difficult times
- I will keep you in my thoughts andPrayers. Keep your faith.
- When the story isn’t over, goodbyes. andThe book was closed for good.
- We send our deepest sympathies to you on this difficult day.
- I hope you can find some tranquility. andThink of happy memories for a day like this one
- My deepest condolences to you on this difficult anniversary
- The last act of love that we can offer to someone we love is grief. If there is deep grieving, there was also great love.
- It is impossible to stop loving someone; you just have to learn how not live without them
- Sadly missed along life’s way, quietly remembered every day. No longer in our life to share, but in our hearts, you’re always there.
- The saddest moment of all is when the person who made you the most memories, turns into a memory
- It’s easy to remember you. I do it every single day. The only thing that makes me miss you is your heartache.
- A thousand words won’t bring you back. I know because I’ve tried; neither will a thousand tears, I know because I’ve cried
- Sadly missed along life’s way, quietly remembered every day. No longer in our life to share, but in our hearts, you’re always there
- Your memories are a treasure I keep in my heart, but they can’t answer the question, why did you have to depart
Top Useful: 21 thought-provoking quotes about what matters most in life
It’s so devastating to lose a close friend. It is difficult to forget the loss of important friends in our lives. These messages can help you reach out to friends and family who are grieving the loss of someone important in your life.
- “While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil”
- Today, I send you all my love. Be strong
- The hard part wasn’t losing you, it was learning to live without you
- I pray that you find some comfort. andPeace after such a difficult day
- You can’t get over the death of someone you love. They just teach you to accept it and move on. Keep them safe in your heart.
Losing a mother is a difficult time. and suffering. If you’ve lost your mom then you can use these messages to remember her life andAll she meant to say was: andShe touched many people. A touching tribute to her mother’s death anniversary quote is a fitting way to remember her life.
- All these years later, you are always in my thoughts and prayers mom. Your memory will never fade and I miss you so much
- To my dear mother, you are so special to me andEven though time passes, it doesn’t diminish your memory andYou are the embodiment of your spirit. They will live on for many years after you. Rest in peace
- I feel your presence. andThank you for being there to guide me, mom. Even though your gone I know you’re still always there to help if I need it
- It brings me comfort to think back on the many good times we shared with mom. When I think about you, I think of smiling. andLaughter. You are my greatest love.
- I have cried so many tears mom, it’s broken my heart to lose you. I miss you and hope you’re up in heaven keeping watch over me
Losing a father can be as devastating as losing your mother. These messages will allow you to recall his life and comfort others who have lost a father.
- Dad, your memories will last a lifetime. Rest in peace
- To one of the greatest men, you may have passed but you will always be remembered
- Every day, I pray for you. andYour soul is watching over me, so you can find peace knowing that. Rest in peace daddy
- We are so sorry for your loss dad. and celebrate your life. You were truly a special man andOne who has left a gap that cannot be filled
- Here’s to your father – I know he would be so proud if you
Many siblings have strong relationships. andWe are more than we think. Losing a brother can be very devastating. The quotes andThe following messages will help you remember your brother andRemember his legacy.
- We have lost you again for another year and still find myself inconsolable. Your memory will be a part of me forever. and your life
- Today I think of my brother, who is the most remarkable person. He will be remembered forever
- Every year, my love for you grows stronger andThe memories of you are priceless. I will miss you so much bro
- You we’re my big brother andThe one I looked upto before all others. Your loss left a scare that will never heal
- We might have fought and got on each other’s nerves but I loved you more than words will say, bro. Rest in peace
These death anniversary quotes will help you reach out to someone grieving the loss of a sister. andSend messages
- Today, I think of my incredible sister. My sister was an amazing person andToday I will always remember the kindness shown to me. andHer love was the best thing in my life. Every year, I miss her even more
- My dearest sister: Every year, I believe it will get easier and every year it’s just as hard. You were so special I can’t let you go. I hope you’re up in heaven looking down on us. Sis, RIP
- Today, I am able to recall all the incredible times I shared with my sister. She was unique andShe is my best friend.
- Your sister was truly special andWe all miss her very much. I wish you a great day. and I’m here if you need me
- We will meet again. Rest in Peace, baby sister.
For the Loss of a Child
Perhaps the hardest loss to bear is that of a parent. Parents shouldn’t live past the children they love. Parents can feel the worst when their child dies. If you know of someone facing the anniversary of their child’s passing or are dealing with it yourself then use these quotes to comfort andYour support is appreciated.
Reading: 53 Fake Family Quotes To Help You Deal
- So long, my baby. Everyday I miss you andIt hurts like the day you got your wings.
- Losing you was the hardest thing that’s ever happened my angel, andThe pain is there even after all these decades. I’m forever thinking of you
- It is hard to put into words how much I miss your presence. My comfort is knowing I will see again. Your memories help me get through another year. Rest in Peace angel
- For your loss, I send my deepest condolences andThis anniversary must have brought you pain. Don’t think twice about reaching out if you need anything or just to talk
- Take advantage of every moment you have. andKnow your family andYour friends are there to support and encourage you today
Sharing is caring ❤️ don’t forget to share this post on Twitter !